Designers Guild in London Part II

As I mentioned previously in 2008 I was in London to see the new Osborne&Little and Designers Guild collections. Part of the Designers Guild showing was The Royal Collection. Which was developed and designed by Tricia Guild using the interiors of Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle as her inspiration.
These photos show Tricia and her staff presenting the collection for the first time. I was one of the lucky viewers in attendance that day.
These are some of the most gorgeous fabrics I have ever seen. Rich velvets, luxurious silks and elaborated embroidery are all part of this very Royal Collection.
The wallcoverings from this collection are also amazing. There are large scale damasks with a bit of sheen added. Truly beautiful.
The Royal Collection is a wonderful example of traditional design at its absolute best. I feel very fortunate to have been a part of the premiere showing of this stunning collection.

Labels: ,