TFA The Future Antiques

TFA  The Future Antiques is a mecca for mid century furniture, lighting,  home accessories and clothing. It is, as they call it, A Retro Plex.. I've been visiting and purchasing from TFA for several years.
Recently TFA moved. They are now located in a bright space at 6514 Chippewa St here in St Louis.
I am a fan of buying and using vintage. I like the charm of it, the good lines, the character. I like the reasonable  
prices and I like that it is green.  Renew Reuse



 The space is bright and well lit. The vignettes are well designed and the accessories are fun.

 Vibrant color combinations...
 Such a great selection of pendant lighting. I love the giant hounds tooth lamp shade.

 Modern, colorful, delightful...
 The bright yellow seen and favored this summer is available on this retro chair and table.
 The tile pattern on the table top is a cool detail.
 I love the scale and design of this floor lamp.
 Another great wall art collage. Take one or take them all.
 Do you collect vintage radios? Would you like to?
 Then there is the vintage clothing, starting with this wonderful wall of ladies hats.
 Hats for men as well as other great accessories.
 And again for the ladies.
 TFA is a wonderland of vintage and retro.
 This is a vintage chair I purchased from TFA. It is now covered in a Designers Guild fabric and sits in a client's bedroom.
 I recovered and used this Milo Baughmanesque chair in a designer show house in 2007. The cut velvet fabric is from Designers Guild.
 This chair was a bit of a mess when I found it. After recovering it in another Designers Guild fabric I decided to keep it for myself.
 I used an Osborne & Little chenille to recover this low profile chair for a client's living room.
 Same living room different chair in a Groundworks fabric.
 
The bold stripe Schumacher fabric gives this chair a whole new personality.
If you appreciate vintage TFA is a great place to shop. It is filled with all kinds of trinkets and treasures.

Labels: