A New Home Part One

A client of mine recently built and moved into a new home. It's not just a new home, it is a gorgeous new home with a wonderful family style layout and exquisite architectural details. I'll start with the living room. I've posted about this chair before. My client inherited it from her mother. There are actually two of these amazing chairs. They are covered in a glorious cut velvet from Designers Guild. The window treatment is a silk with a printed floral pattern which is also from Designers Guild. 


 The white damask sofa, black painted coffee table and paintings all once belonged to my client's mother. Truly elegant.


 The dining room has beautiful double doors that look out to the front of the house. I kept the window treatment simple. I wanted it to frame the doors but not cover them. The walls are covered in a flocked damask pattern wallpaper.
 The dining room in progress.
 Donna sews and installs window treatments for me. She is a great friend and an integral part of my team.
  The wallcovering and the window treatment fabric are from Designers Guild.

 The breakfast room isn't finished but I wanted to show you the wallcovering. It is from Schumacher's Jaipur Collection. It is a hand printed paper. The pattern is a series of stylized flowers. The pattern, colorway and scale are perfect for the not quite finished seating area. The red lantern style light fixture is from Currey & Co.  I'll have another post in a few days with more of the stunning new home.

Labels: , ,