The Friends of St Louis Children's Hospital Table Top Event 2014

Each year in April the Friends of St Louis Children's Hospital have their fund raising Table Top Event. The event is held at the Ritz-Carlton in St Louis.  For the second year I designed a table for the event. My design for the 72" diameter table was  in the Chinoiserie style, a mix of Chinese and French.
 For the table skirt I used a silhouette toile fabric from Thibaut.. The fabric's combination of vanilla and cerise, not quite red, not quite pink, was the perfect background for the classic blue and white pieces I used for the settings.
 The initial inspiration for my table design was the Let Them Eat Cake vase I found at Anthropologie, thank you Marie Antoinette. I love the color, size, shape and whimsy of the vase. My friend, Patti Porter of the Rusted Chandelier, created the floral arrangement. Patti is both talented and generous.
 I added mercury glass candle holders and additional blue and white pieces filled with fresh flowers. I knew I would be happy with my table top design because I used all of my favorite colors!
 The pedestal for the centerpiece is also from Patti Porter. She used a chunk of a tree trunk, painted it white and added gold ball feet. It was the perfect addition to the table.

 I added orange to the color palette by using oranges. The touch of orange gave the table design a lift. The pink carnations added to the bowl of oranges brought the design elements together.


My helpers the day of the set up were my assistant Elaine Freund and my grand daughter Kelsey. I couldn't have done it without them. Kimberly Reuther attended the event with me and helped me pack it up when the event was over. Thank you Kimberly! It was a great day and a wonderful event. I look forward to the 2015 Table Top Event.

Labels: , , , , , ,